Swedish telecommunications company LM Ericsson has published its Corporate Responsibility Report for 2006. The printed version of the report is complemented by a more extensive online version at http://www.ethicalperformance.net/Ericsson_CRReport06.html
where all key performance indicators, as well as GRI G3 (Global Reporting Initiative) related information, can be found.
The report includes details of:
- a 35 per cent improvement in the energy efficiency of Ericsson's 3G radio base stations during 2006
- comments by Carl-Henric Svanberg, president and CEO of Ericsson, on climate change and company initiatives to address energy consumption
- research carried out by Ericsson on the socio-economic contribution of mobile communications to everyday life in Africa
- a partnership with other industry leaders to establish pioneering bio-fuel projects in Nigeria and India
- performance details of Ericsson's risk-based approach for monitoring compliance with its Supplier Code of Conduct
- Ericsson's decision to address human rights issues and join the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR).